Ben Cotton píše v Út 09. 03. 2021 v 09:33 -0500:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Fedora_Linux_in_os-release
>
> == Summary ==
>
> "Fedora" is the name of our project. Our general-purpose Linux
> distribution is "Fedora Linux". Let's refer to it that way in the OS
> itself.

This change is not a big deal for me, but IMO we're better off as it is
now.

We used to write books on MandrakeLinux and Mandriva Linux. Everyone
just called them Mandrake and Mandriva, but we always had to make sure
we didn't miss the Linux part of the name anywhere in the book to call
it the right way. It felt artificial and unccessary.

It will be the same here. If the main reason for changing the name is
to emphasize that it's a Linux-based OS, then it makes sense. If the
main reason is to distinguish the community and the product, then I
don't think it's going to help much. We've already had that distiction:
Fedora Project <-> Fedora.
Many people call both Fedora and that's not gonna change with this.

Also it doesn't come together very nicely with the edition naming.
We've got Fedora Linux, but Fedora Workstation, Fedora Server, Fedora
IoT? Those are not Linux-based since the "Linux" part is dropped from
their name? It has potential to create more confusion.

Jiri