On 24. 06. 21 11:16, Tomas Tomecek wrote:
## Choosing git forge to host source-git repositories
We need to find a home for all the source-git repositories. This is
actually a really hard task because we have many options (github.com,
gitlab.com, pagure.io, src.fedoraproject.org, something custom or
on-premise) and different expectations: some projects already have
repos set up on different platforms while Pagure is the primary forge
now. Since the CPE team is investigating GitLab as a forge, it's even
harder for us to figure out the primary forge. We may end up
supporting both actually: pagure.io and gitlab.com. What are your
thoughts on this topic? Would you prefer pagure.io or gitlab.com
More info:
* https://pagure.io/fedora-source-git/sig/issue/1
* https://pagure.io/fedora-source-git/sig/issue/7

I would expect that since the soruce git is just an intermediate thing, supporting "any forge" is nice to have, but hard. I'd start with some common options (Pagure + 1 other) and see where you'll get.

## High-level workflow proposal up for review
Hunor proposed a high-level workflow linked below and I strongly
recommend reading it. We have also started discussing many details in
the process, such as getting archives: should we generate one from the
source-git repo or use the official release archive from upstream?

One thing to consider is that the upstream tarballs might be cryptographically signed and packages should verify the signature in %prep.

--
Miro Hrončok