On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 12:41 PM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 24. 06. 21 11:16, Tomas Tomecek wrote:
> > ## Choosing git forge to host source-git repositories
> > We need to find a home for all the source-git repositories. This is
> > actually a really hard task because we have many options (github.com,
> > gitlab.com, pagure.io, src.fedoraproject.org, something custom or
> > on-premise) and different expectations: some projects already have
> > repos set up on different platforms while Pagure is the primary forge
> > now. Since the CPE team is investigating GitLab as a forge, it's even
> > harder for us to figure out the primary forge. We may end up
> > supporting both actually: pagure.io and gitlab.com. What are your
> > thoughts on this topic? Would you prefer pagure.io or gitlab.com
> > More info:
> > * https://pagure.io/fedora-source-git/sig/issue/1
> > * https://pagure.io/fedora-source-git/sig/issue/7
>
> I would expect that since the soruce git is just an intermediate thing,
> supporting "any forge" is nice to have, but hard. I'd start with some common
> options (Pagure + 1 other) and see where you'll get.

Yep, that's exactly what I'd like us to do. As soon as we have the
service which accepts processes events up and running, it shouldn't be
that hard to teach it new fedora-messaging messages or webhook
payloads.

> > ## High-level workflow proposal up for review
> > Hunor proposed a high-level workflow linked below and I strongly
> > recommend reading it. We have also started discussing many details in
> > the process, such as getting archives: should we generate one from the
> > source-git repo or use the official release archive from upstream?
>
> One thing to consider is that the upstream tarballs might be cryptographically
> signed and packages should verify the signature in %prep.

This is a very good point - in such a case, we should always pull the
official upstream tarball instead of generating a new one downstream.

Miro, thank you for your insights!

Tomas