Hello,

I just did package review and noticed systemd service files are
installed into %_unitdir without proper. I failed to notice all my
packages install into the same directory without depending on that
directory.

I did not find explicit note about the issue anywhere in Packaging
Guidelines. Unowned directories [1] note only 'core packages' without
precise specification, how can one identify core package. While I agree
systemd IS core package for sure, is there reason why systemd-filesystem
noarch subpackage does not own %_unitdir, %_userunitdir and %_tmpfilesdir?

I admit systemd might be missing only in few containers without init
system. Does systemd have special expection? Can be guidelines updated
to mention this is okay? In that case fedora-review should be adjusted
to not warn about those directories.

I would propose creation of systemd-filesystem package required by
systemd, which would pass general rule about *-filesystem package not
required.

Any opinions?

Regards,

Petr