No, my packages do not always require systemd. It might be error in some
cases, but I think %{?systemd_requires} is the only part usually
required. Which means systemd has to be there during updates, but
otherwise it leaves %_unitdir/*.service _partially_ reside in unowned
directory. It is owned just during post, postun and preun. Is that enough?

On 8/3/21 12:11 PM, Vascom wrote:
> Your package require systemd?
> Systemd own this directory?
> If yes it is OK
>
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/#_the_directory_is_also_owned_by_a_package_implementing_required_functionality_of_your_package
> <https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/#_the_directory_is_also_owned_by_a_package_implementing_required_functionality_of_your_package>
>
> If you mean warning from fedora-review then it tool may be old. But
> reviewer must manually check all points and not use only automatic
> reviewing tools.

I did review it manually and reported it to the reporter. The package
does not explicitly Requires: systemd. But I failed to note my own
packages do not depend on systemd too. I don't think every package with
a service should hard require systemd. Take dnsmasq package as an example.

# rpm -qv --requires dnsmasq | grep systemd
post: systemd
preun: systemd
postun: systemd

Which means it is not required outside upgrading process. Is that okay?
Is that wrong? I am not sure, not perfect I would say.

> вт, 3 авг. 2021 г., 13:05 Petr Menšík <pemen...@redhat.com
> <mailto:pemen...@redhat.com>>:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I just did package review and noticed systemd service files are
>     installed into %_unitdir without proper. I failed to notice all my
>     packages install into the same directory without depending on that
>     directory.
>
>     I did not find explicit note about the issue anywhere in Packaging
>     Guidelines. Unowned directories [1] note only 'core packages' without
>     precise specification, how can one identify core package. While I
>     agree
>     systemd IS core package for sure, is there reason why
>     systemd-filesystem
>     noarch subpackage does not own %_unitdir, %_userunitdir and
>     %_tmpfilesdir?
>
>     I admit systemd might be missing only in few containers without init
>     system. Does systemd have special expection? Can be guidelines updated
>     to mention this is okay? In that case fedora-review should be adjusted
>     to not warn about those directories.
>
>     I would propose creation of systemd-filesystem package required by
>     systemd, which would pass general rule about *-filesystem package not
>     required.
>
>     Any opinions?
>
>     Regards,
>
>     Petr
>
>     1.
>
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/UnownedDirectories/
>
> <https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/UnownedDirectories/>
>
>     --
>     Petr Menšík
>     Software Engineer
>     Red Hat, http://www.redhat.com/ <http://www.redhat.com/>
>     email: pemen...@redhat.com <mailto:pemen...@redhat.com>
>     PGP: DFCF908DB7C87E8E529925BC4931CA5B6C9FC5CB

>     Fedora Code of Conduct:
>     https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
>     <https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/>
>     List Guidelines:
>     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
>     <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines>
>     List Archives:

> <https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org>
>     Do not reply to spam on the list, report it:
>     https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure
>     <https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure>

> Do not reply to spam on the list, report it:
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer
Red Hat, http://www.redhat.com/
email: pemen...@redhat.com
PGP: DFCF908DB7C87E8E529925BC4931CA5B6C9FC5CB