On Sat, 2021-12-18 at 11:34 -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 18, 2021 at 11:00 AM Philip Wyett <philip.wy...@kathenas.org>
> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2021-12-18 at 07:40 -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:

> > > Mock v3 will be available for EPEL 8+ and Fedora. We are deliberately
> > > removing RHEL 7 host support from Mock in Mock v3, so it won't be
> > > available in EPEL 7. Mock v2 will remain in EPEL 7.
> > >
> > > Personally, I think people are nuts to use RHEL as a build host,
> > > because it makes things quite difficult to work forwards, but if
> > > you're going to use RHEL as a build host, you should always use the
> > > latest RHEL instead of the oldest, even if that version of RHEL isn't
> > > in production in the rest of your infrastructure yet.
> > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > The reasoning is sound of what is being done currently, but to say people
> > choosing to use RHEL
> > as
> > the base build platform as "nuts" is inappropriate, offensive and wrong. As
> > a person who is
> > dealing
> > with mental health issues and quite bright, I take great offence at your
> > assertion my friend.
> > Please could you apologise for word usage please?
> >

> I'm sorry for the word choice, I don't mean to be offensive in that regard.

Hi Neal,

Thank you for that. We all can make bad word choices on occasion and I admire
you for being a
person big enough to apologise. As my mother said "good, not perfect" and we
all make mistakes. You
have a great weekend and holidays.

Regards

Phil

--
*** Playing the game for the games own sake. ***

WWW: https://kathenas.org

Twitter: @kathenasorg

IRC: kathenas

GPG: 724AA9B52F024C8B