On Fri, Dec 24, 2021 at 11:49 AM Tom Stellard <tstel...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12/13/21 08:56, Ben Cotton wrote:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/GHC_parallel_version_installs
> >
> > == Summary ==
> > Introduce ghcX.Y packages to Fedora which can be parallel installed,
> > in addition to the main ghc package.
> :

> == Detailed Description ==
> > Currently ghc modules are available in Fedora but they cannot be
> > installed in parallel.
>
> What is the plan for the ghc modules?

It's a good question: I kind of avoided going into detail on this point in
the Change,
since I was not intending to remove/drop the modules just yet.
In the meantime I have added an optional ghcX.Y-compiler-default subpackage
which allows making ghcX.Y the default ghc too though, so with that
the modules no longer seem to provide any advantage.
If there are no strong objections I think I will probably drop the modules
before F37 anyway.
But I didn't really want to frame this Change as "demodularization", but I
will concede that
maintaining the modules has been more stressful than I would like to admit.
Most likely I will also switch EPEL to using ghcX.Y instead of modules.

Jens