Hi everyone

first, Happy New Year!

I agree that if you are a developer, often installing
new software for testing, this feature makes things
harder.

If you are installing software in the main system and
running it as root, yes, you would have to install your GPG
key (or the certificate of your RSA key) in the kernel keyring.
And also, you should use rpmsign to sign your RPMs before
you install them (assuming that you want IMA appraisal
and not just measurement).

If you are testing software as a regular user, then
enforcing a policy only on root processes will not affect
your work (you can test unsigned RPMs).

This feature will not block VMs, so also there you can
test things without restriction. Currently, IMA does not
support per container policy (it is under development),
but in the future you would be able to test things in
a container without restriction, and by having full
enforcement on the root container.

Roberto

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH, HRB 56063
Managing Director: Li Peng, Zhong Ronghua