On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 4:01 PM Sebastian Crane <seabass-lab...@gmx.com> wrote:

> If the installation media can not install onto BIOS-only machines yet
> all the bootloader stages support BIOS, then there will be an awkward
> stage where some existing Fedora installations can be upgraded, but if
> anything goes wrong it'd be impossible to reinstall them! The lack of a
> BIOS installer as a fallback would make running Fedora on BIOS-only
> machines risky enough that it seems to me as no better than removing
> support entirely. Could I missing something here?

If I were interested in keeping BIOS machines installable, I'd
probably just rebuild the F36 installer every so often, pointing it at
newer repos by default each time. Long term that might be a little
weird - if the installed system stops knowing about BIOS partition
tables you might end up with a machine unable to inspect its own disk
layout from like gnome-disks - but...

- ajax