Hi,

> Hmm, the updated Change is mostly okay. I disagree that you have any
> real security benefits since all the Secure Boot stuff in Linux is
> still in a bad place.

It's a step into the right direction, but I agree, it alone doesn't
improve the situation much.  I think we need to overthink the whole
secure boot signing process in Fedora.  For starters we need to use
different signing keys for UKI and non-UKI kernels, so it is possible
(for the user if he chooses so) to disable booting non-UKI kernels to
really plug the unsigned initrd hole.

shim project planning to move from compiled-in certificates to signed
certificates in separate files should make it easier to manage this.

But all that is probably worth a separate change proposal and a separate
discussion.

> I would like the Change document to be updated
> to include feedback about Secure Boot in there to further justify how
> restricted the scope will remain for Phase 1.
>
> Additionally, "discoverable partitions" fixes nothing for Fedora right
> now. There are two problems here:
> * We don't have a discoverable subvolume specification for Btrfs
> * Discoverable partition specification falls over dead with snapshots.
>
> Don't plan on using systemd-boot. I've said why before in other
> threads, so I'm not repeating it again.
>
> Drop locking out modified kernel command lines. That's pretty much a
> non-starter.
>
> If you want to pursue a Fedora Cloud image with UKIs, please bring it
> up with the Cloud SIG, keeping in mind the feedback I listed.

Noted.  I'll rework the Change proposal early next year, I'm almost off
into my xmas holidays.

take care,
  Gerd