Kevin Kofler via devel venit, vidit, dixit 2023-07-11 12:49:10:
> Oracle has (finally – the community projects Rocky and Alma were much
> quicker to react) made an announcement about the situation:
> https://www.oracle.com/news/announcement/blog/keep-linux-open-and-free-2023-07-10/

Thanks for the pointer.

They really make sure that they come out as "the last standing good
ones" from this. Cleverly written. And they do have valid points.

It's kind of sad when you know where RedHat and Oracle are coming from,
and how predictable that PR twist ist.

Now, if Orcale really makes sure to pick from CentOS Stream as closely
(to RHEL) as possible we can take gusses how long it will take Alma and
Rocky to change upstreams, or become obsolete.

Michael