On Sun, 2023-09-17 at 23:48 +0200, Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> Ian Laurie wrote:
> > I didn't think the greeter used Wayland?  So there may be something
> > else
> > going on.  I cannot swear to it, but I don't think I've noticed
> > problems
> > in the greeter before.
> >
> > As Adam posted, the offset problem already has a bug for it.
> > Wayland is
> > certainly unusable in VirtualBox, but now even the greeter has
> > issues,
> > and I think that's newish.
>
> SDDM was switched to Wayland for F38 and newer. If you want it to use
> X11,
> you have to edit /etc/sddm.conf and set:
>
> [General]
> DisplayServer=x11

Ah , thank you,  I also had problem with my laptop and nvidia prime
graphics

BTW I want use KDE 5 plasma , because it is stable, I think for Fedora
40 is to early . I use KDE to work , I'm don't pretend to be a beta
tester , and by the experiences of the fiascos of kde 4 and kde 5 move
, I don't believe that KDE 6 will be different , Fedora 40 should have
the option of have KDE 5, IMHO .

--
Sérgio M. B.