On 9/17/23 05:48 PM, Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
Ian Laurie wrote:
I didn't think the greeter used Wayland?  So there may be something else
going on.  I cannot swear to it, but I don't think I've noticed problems
in the greeter before.
As Adam posted, the offset problem already has a bug for it. Wayland is
certainly unusable in VirtualBox, but now even the greeter has issues,
and I think that's newish.

SDDM was switched to Wayland for F38 and newer. If you want it to use X11,
you have to edit /etc/sddm.conf and set:

[General]
DisplayServer=x11

there.

         Kevin Kofler

Yes - I had to do that because the Wayland version of the SDDM greeter
apparently doesn't honor xrandr.

I have the following in my /etc/sddm/Xsetup file:

   #!/usr/bin/sh
   # Xsetup - run as root before the login dialog appears
   xrandr --output DisplayPort-0 --right-of DisplayPort-1

If I have the greeter set to x11 that works perfectly, but if I have the
greeter set to wayland it is ignored.

I don't know if there is a way to tell wayland the desired screen arrangement.
If there is a way I'd like to hear about it.  If there isn't a way, then I
guess that should be another bug.

        Steve