Hello Michael,

Does this mean that distro-upgrade from F41 to F42 is supposed to work
> at F41 release time (ideally at beta time)?

Yes, the system-upgrade functionality should be available before the Fedora
41
release date. We're planning extensive testing for this, including a Fedora
Testing Day.

While our goal is to deliver the final system-upgrade functionality before
the stable release,
some adjustments may be made during the Fedora 41 lifecycle to ensure
smoother
upgrades from F41 to F42. Before executing the system-upgrade, users are
anyway
advised to ensure that all installed packages are fully updated.

Jan