On 01/14/2016 07:37 AM, Roman Tsisyk wrote:
Hi,

Fedora enables hardened builds [1] by default.
This implies  -fomit-frame-pointer -fstack-protector and -fPIE.

[1]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#PIE

How it is supposed to be debugged by upstream developers?

It would be nice to have **at least** a proper backtrace for crashed daemons.
Even better to have a) coredump b) binary c) debug symbols for this version of
binary.

ABRT C/C++ plugin stores a) and can be configured to store also b) [1].
ABRT also provides tools for downloading debuginfo and creating
reports in several destinations (Bugzilla, MantisBT, e-mail, ...) [2].

Otherwise I can't suggest to use such packages for the end users.

Does ABRT [2] actually work?

It depends. I think it just works, it needs some polishing though ;)
Patches are more than welcome [3].

  Who have experience with it on production?
Is there somewhere a guide for sysadmins about a preferred way to produce
meaningful
bug reports with stripped hardened binaries?

We can create one. What would you like find there?

Would be something like this:
https://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/ABRT

good start?

To produce a meaningful bug report you can play with *abrt* on command line
or Problem Reporting (*gnome-abrt*) application.

Regards,
Jakub

1: https://github.com/abrt/abrt/wiki/CCpp-plugin
2: http://abrt.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html