On 01/28/2016 11:25 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Thu, 2016-01-28 at 13:47 -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Samuel Sieb <sam...@sieb.net> wrote:
On 01/28/2016 11:30 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:

server, all without a password. No lock screen after wake from
suspend. And no timeout or expiration for the ssh key.

You must have something misconfigured or what desktop environment are you
using?  My laptop is always locked after suspend.  There's a gnome-shell bug
where the desktop is very briefly visible before the lock screen covers it
on resume, but it's still locked.

Fedora Workstation, so it's GNOME. What I think happens is, if I
suspend and resume before the Screen Lock > Lock screen after blank
for <time> happens, resume happens without a lock screen. If I resume
after that time, there is a lock screen. Anyway, I don't customize my
installations that much, and I just got back 45 minutes after
suspending it (with a 1 hour lock screen time) and space bar brought
me right to my session, no lock screen.

I always get a lock screen on resume, regardless how long it's been
suspended for.

I had some further discussion with him and he was using "systemctl suspend" to do the suspend. I tested that and Gnome doesn't lock the screen. I suspect there's a bug in there either with systemd or Gnome because Gnome does hold suspend inhibitors for the stated purpose of locking the screen before suspending.