Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 6:53 AM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Recent regulation changes in USA

The ARRL told me that any data transmission mode (defined as computer to computer file transfer) wider than 500 Hz would be prohibited on all HF bands if the rules changes go into effect. Image transmission bandwidth is unchanged. They also said that they are working to convince the FCC to change the bandwidth restriction before the rules are published. What I'd like to see the FCC do is just have different bandwidth restrictions in different band segments with out restricting the content (data, image or voice).

73,

John
KD6OZH