Hi Rick,

You obviously do not use MT-63 to pass book traffic on a daily basis
on NVIS paths, fore if you did your opinion would be completely
different and if you don't believe me, just ask any MARS member that
is using a Sound Card based system these days and they will tell you
just how robust MT-63 is for an FEC protocol.

As to MIL-STD-188-110 serial tone modem and associated protocols,
being as not only FEC but ARQ is provided and with data rates down to
75bps, it is extremely robust, granted 75bps is rather slow, but it
just can not be stopped, 75bps is know as ROBUST mode by the way,
there is no PSK carrier frequency and its a psuedo spread spectrum
waveform within a 3Khz channel, even in MARS-ALE at 75bps its always
3Khz as you can't diddle with the carrier and symbol rate which don't
exist as such at higher data rates.

/s/ Steve, N2CKH