John Becker, WØJAB wrote:

>  Roger regardless of what you think about Amtor and Pactor - both are
>  still doing very well. Other then a hand full of CW and SSB QSO's the
>  log book is full of both Amtor and Pactor 1, 2 and 3.
>
>  John, W0JAB

Incredible.  And I am on digital almost every morning and evening, and
never hear these ubiquitous signals for the past four years or so.
Golly propagation is a funny thing, is it not?

Pactor and Amtor are as dead as Julius Caesar as ordinary
QSO/keyboard-to-keyboard modes except maybe for a few (read: FEW)
afficianados perhaps including you.  That's why I finally unhooked my
PTC-II modem.  That's why most digital ops no longer have a TNC operable
in the shack.

de Roger W6VZV