Hi John,

If you are using PC-ALE 1.062H ( the latest build being #5) I can not
imagine why you are having any issues with your TS-480SAT if the CAT
control of radio works otherwise with any other software.

All you need to do is select either KENWOOD or if using CTS/RTS
handshaking, KENWOOD_HS to begin with. If your radio is setup to use
the long standing 4800 baud for Kenwood radios for backward
compatibility with older software tools, then that is all you need to
do aside from selecting the com port for Radio CAT and your PTT
interface choice.

If you are using higher then 4800 baud, then you need to click
the  "Radio Port" button next to the Radio Type selection and
configure for the RS-232 port parameters that you are using.

Upon proper setup, shutdown and restart PC-ALE, if should come up and
tell what Kenwood model you are using from the radio ID, if for some
reason it can't, it will state UNKNOWN and treat the radio as the
newest Kenwood model the software knows about, which just happens to
be the TS-480.

MARS-ALE is a based on PC-ALE to meet the needs of MARS operations
and differs from PC-ALE in many ways.

/s/ Steve, N2CKH