expeditionradio wrote:

>  First FCC Came for the PACTOR3, and I did not speak out because I was
>  not a PACTOR operator.

The thing that distinguishes Pactor and Winlink from all other modes and
indeed from the entire rest of amateur radio is the announced policy on
the part of the Winlink community that they refuse to listen to
determine if a frequency is clear before they transmit.  This dangerous
practice must stop.  We have all tried "gentlemen's agreements" and
ordinary "spirit of ham radio" approach but the Pactor community is
intransigent, and appears to have its own agenda which is contrary to
the interests of amateur radio as a whole.  Any petition that will
eliminate this kind of operations will be a good thing.

de Roger W6VZV