Can anyone comment on the ARRL's HF Digital Handbook Fourth Edition
or CQ's Digital Modes For All Occassions by ZL1BPU?

I don't want to wait until Dayton (where I can thumb through these)
to determine whether they have sufficient explanation of modulation
and encoding schemes, design assumptions and the like. I'm concerned
these may be more of a primer on how to operate using each mode.

What I'm looking for is along the lines of the article Peter Martinez
wrote for QEX back in 1999 on PSK theory, implementation and on-air
performance.

Anyone that has either of these books care to comment on their
content?

I'm also open to suggestions for other books or articles that are
Martinez-esque in content and clarity.

Thanks,

Dan, AE9K