Good morning, Dan,

I just received this book for Chirstmas and find it very useful (in
fact, I found this forum becase of the book).  It appears to cover
much of the basics and provides a nice overview of various modes,
down to describing the method of transmission, charater sets, etc.  I
am not famailiar with the Peter Martinez article, so I can not
compare it directly, but I do not believe that you would be able to
develop a program to use these modes based on the information in the
book (if that is your intent).

However, I believe this book worthy of looking at.  I have enjoyed
reading it!

Hope this helps.

73,
Robert - N4IJS

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "AE9K" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can anyone comment on the ARRL's HF Digital Handbook Fourth Edition
> or CQ's Digital Modes For All Occassions by ZL1BPU?
>
> I don't want to wait until Dayton (where I can thumb through these)
> to determine whether they have sufficient explanation of modulation
> and encoding schemes, design assumptions and the like. I'm
concerned
> these may be more of a primer on how to operate using each mode.
>
> What I'm looking for is along the lines of the article Peter
Martinez