At 12:44 AM 1/5/2008, you wrote:

Don't hold your breath while you wait for an enthusiastic response from
Packet operators, who are constantly QRM'ed by PACTOR Lids and generally
will not tolerate being associated with them, in any way.

The difference is that the Packet folks do not feel that they have a
god-given right to crash other hams' QSO's. We operate according to PART97
and The Amateur's Code.

- When we are not having our QSO crashed by a mindless PACTOR Lid, that
is...

Stop by at WinLink-Watch to see the pics. -
<http://www.arwatch.com/watch/w_winlink.htm>http://www.arwatch.com/watch/w_winlink.htm

73 DE Charles Brabham, N5PVL

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-

So, you are saying ALL Pactor operators crash the Packet guys? I thought the problem was with WinLink PMBO's on Pactor 3? I don't think too many individual people would have licenced Pactor 3, I certainly have not, and don't need to. Since part of this idea is to announce our Pactor/Packet skeds via Sholto's & Andy's spot pages, it may revive things a little, is there anything wrong with that? Those looking for contacts, have places to help them coordinate skeds. Oh yes, how about trying 600 baud Robust Packet ;-) Pactor may be dead........but whats wrong with trying to get it going? Like, Ham Radio IS a hobby? Why not all enjoy it for what it is, with what ever mode we want to use. :-)

73s

Jack VK4JRC