From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Jack Chomley
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:28 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [digitalradio] Re: Pactor on 30 M

At 08:18 AM 1/7/2008, you wrote:

  IDing in CW has the benefits that its universally understood, requires no
decoding software, and is trivial to implement.

      73,

          Dave, AA6YQ

OK, ask ALL software developers to bury that function in their
program.....so it can't be switched OFF and IDs at fixed agreed intervals.
ID fixed at program reg time (cannot be edited) ALL programs registered, or
they don't work. Developers to keep databases of registration.
Won't fix a thing....people would simply keep using old versions of
software.
No, it all comes with a mode awareness campaign and some dedicated software,
to work as a decoder.
So...how MANY modes are there?

73s

Jack VK4JRC