If the statement below is False, why are there not more call signs showing
up on the main ALE frequencies?

I can leave my rig on 14109.5 or 10145.5  for 24 hours and only see, at most
4 or 5 stations?  Ditto for the ALE website

At HFlink.  And 99% of those are soundings. So where are the QSO's and the
like?

Who is up for testing the ability of PCALE to handle a standard test
document between 2 distant stations, compared to 141A or

ALE400. Ditto for a file transfer?  I can't on PCALE since I can only
receive, since I have a problem getting the software to TX.

Anyway , in the past I have told you guys at least 20 million times not to
exaggerate..

John

VE5MU

At 09:48 PM 1/10/2008, you wrote:

>Chris , ZL1BOE
>
>you will be told by others that ALE is widely
>used to set up QSO's and QSY's using the one
>line message ability . You will also be told
>that it is used widely for keyboard to keyboard
>QSO's and that there are thousands of Hams using
>ALE ( last figure I heard was 6000) . These are
>folks who are using PCALE, who have aggressively
>set aside frequencies for ALE use in all bands,
>and are promoting ALE as the answer to emergency communications.

FALSE