expeditionradio wrote:

>  This is simply childish backlash directed at me personally because I
>  opposed the Digital Stone Age Petition. It really has nothing at all
>  to do with HFLINK or ALE. It will go away.
>
>  Bonnie KQ6XA

Actually, what is childish is the never-ending assertion by Winlink
advocates that they can and should be allowed to operate in a fashion
involving transmitting without listening.  Twice in the last seven days
I have had QSOs disrupted by a Pactor Winlink station firing up on top
of my QSO.  Fortunately, both times I turned the power way up (from
about 40 watts to 200 watts) and we were able to work through it.  (QRO
can come in handy when it comes to Pactor.)  But the Pactor station's
actions were as illegal as heck.  This sort of thing needs to be put
down by the FCC and I trust that it will be.

As boaters and RVers get Wi Fi access to the internet more and more,
Pactor will die out.  As it should.

de Roger W6VZV