Hello Sholto,

MFSK SSTV is an analogical  SSTV mode with the originality that it is a narrow
band SSTV mode (the same as MFSK) and the format of the picture is free (small
or big as you want).

It would be possible to put some RS prefix (with more bits available than for
RS ID) to define the center frequency, format and color. But I'm not sure that
the gain would be important as this type of SSTV is an "old" technology. Better
would be a Digital SSTV within 500 Hz and as fast as standard SSTV.

73
Patrick

For information the specifications of SSTV in MFSK16

SSTV in MFSK16

Created by : Nick Fedoseev (UT2UZ) and Denis Nechitailov (UU9JDR) in 2003

Description :

It is a SSTV mode without transmission of a synchronization ray, in color or in
black and white mode, where the picture may be transmitted among MFSK16 text.
The picture format is not fixed as in classical SSTV but variable (limited to
small pictures).  Multipsk proposes to use the standard "320x256" to take
advantage of the SSTV "workshop" and the stored SSTV pictures.
The band of frequencies used is 234,375 Hz (15 x 15,625 Hz), which is the width
between extreme peaks of a MFSK16 transmission. The duration of a pixel is
exactly 1 ms. In color mode, the colors are transmitted in the following order:
Red, Green, Blue. In black and white mode, the black color corresponds to the
lower frequency and the white color to the higher frequency.

To be recognized, the picture must be MFSK16 prefixed by:

* "Pic:320x256C;" for example for a color picture of 320x256 dimension whose
transmission will last 320x256x3x0,001=246 sec,
* "Pic:320x256;" for example for a black and white picture of 320x256 dimension
whose transmission will last 320x256x1x0,001=82 sec.