you know what Patrick? it works really, really well and can live with the
GUI however you want it.

John

VE5MU

From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Patrick Lindecker
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 1:59 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: Keeping NBEMS in mind

Hello John,

>As far as FAE400 goes, I would like to try it. Too bad one
>can only get it from one source. (gee that kind of makes it
>just like pactor 3.

Pactor 2 and 3 have private detailed specifications which forbid to even
decode them (however it would be impossible to work them in ARQ with a PC)
whereas ARQ FAE has public specifications (on my WEB site). Any Ham, in
theory, could program ARQ FAE (but it's true that it would be a bit long as
they are over-specifications on ALE specifications).

>I don't hear any anyone screaming bloody murder about that.) Multipsk may
be a very fine software package
>but the screen looks like crap.

As written previously:

"You see it cluttered, I see it in perfect order.

This GUI corresponds to what I need i.e.:
* not to waste time in searching the wished command or to switch of mode or
sub-mode
 (minimum of menus, maximum of buttons, panel of modes...),
* always the maximum of information directly available on the screen (many
hints,
  contextual help with right click, QRGs, actual configuration...)."

I haven't any desire to change anything to this GUI.

73

Patrick