Actually, Mac is based on Unix as is Linux. I have been using a Mac since 1987 and have never worried about a virus etc. Lately I have been playing with Linux which I think is great and has all the Ham apps for digital that I need although for contesting I use Cocoamodem on the Mac. The latest version of Ubuntu, 8.04, is impressive especially on an old 733 Mhz Compaq I have. If you would like to test Ubuntu, you can now install it on your Windoze machine without partitioning the hard drive and everything is in one folder so you can remove it easily. I tried this on a computer I bought at an auction with windowsXp installed but immediately installed Linux but left the other system on it. If you would like to try Ubuntu give this a try.

Darrel