Rick W. wrote:
> Couple questions/thoughts on your comments, Jeff,
>
> One of my main concerns about the local design of Winlink 2000 was that
> all stations would lose their connectivity to each other as well as the
> internet since the developer wanted to keep the Telpac (Telnet internet
> to Packet RF) connection very simple.
>
> If two or more stations are connected to a Telpac (or RMSpacket) now,
> can you continue to communicate with each other if you lose the internet
> connection when using Paclink MP? Or is it still the older design?

In the new series of RMS programs there is a "RMS Relay" Program that
is not released yet. It provides for local email when no Internet
connection is available at the RMS Packet or RMS Pactor gateways.

Again, there is more information straight from the WDT on the website.
The Roadmap document provides a summary overview. www.winlink.org

Tim N9PUZ