Rick, I use my TS-2000 with three sets of connections:

1. My KAM + HF port is cabled to the 13 pin DIN connector on the back.  The
cable is designed to use the pins that mute the microphone when the KAM + keys
the rig.

2. My (old) Rigblaster connects to the microphone jack on the front, and the
Heil microphone connects to the front of the Rigblaster. There is a single
audio cable from the TS-2000 speaker output to the line in on the computer.
When the Rigblaster keys the PTT line the microphone is muted. There is a
serial cable from the computer to the Rigblaster to allow sound card software
to key the radio.

3. There is a serial cable from the computer to the TS-2000 serial connection
for rig control.  I do not use this much but I have tested Ham Radio Deluxe
with it and it is very impressive.  One time I needed to set my rig frequency
down to the exact Hz and used HRD for that. It even turns the radio on and off
if you want it to. Airmail can use this to set the exact frequency for RMSs
(PMBOs).

I do have another data connection from the VHF port of the KAM + to an ICOM
IC-3200A for packet. This cable goes to the microphone jack of the IC-3200A and
to the speaker plug on the back.

It may be possible to use the TS-2000 for VHF data also but I have not figured
out how to do that yet.

All of my usage is for MARS.

See you all at Hamcom!  I am off to Plano!

Howard K5HB