Hello Tony,

Glad you did measures for Pax.

My figures are the following:
Lowest S/N : - 10 dB for PAX and - 7 dB for PAX2

It corresponds to a Gaussian noise without any ionospheric distortion (your
first case).
In my figures, I accept an error rate of 2 % (2 characters false for 98
characters good). However with frames it is a bit more difficult to
appreciate.
Conditions of measure: the sampling speed of the sound card has been
perfectly determined ("Sampling freq" button) and the sound level (as
displayed in the "Level" box) is about 20 to 60 % (not critical).

Normally there is a 3 dB difference between these 2 modes as there are
strictly the same except that Pax2 is twice quicker than Pax.

Note: Pax and Pax2 modulations are clones of Olivia, let's say very close on
modulation to Contestia.

For Pax and Packet there is no ARQ memory (contrary to ARQ FAE), so the
minimum S/N in connected mode would be the same as in Unproto.
Note: it could be theoritically possible to implement ARQ memory in Pax and
Packet (which would give a sort of FEC (repetition)
coding to these modes), but it would need time...

73
Patrick