Patrick,

> Hello Tony, Glad you did measures for Pax.

My pleasure; thanks for adding the mode to Multipsk!

> My figures are the following: Lowest S/N : - 10 dB for PAX and - 7 dB for
> PAX2. It corresponds to a Gaussian noise without any ionospheric
> distortion (your
> first case.

Just tested PAX and PAX2 again for the lowest S/N (Gaussian noise only) and
came up with -11db for PAX and -7db for PAX2. Very close.

> Normally there is a 3 dB difference between these 2 modes as there are
> strictly the same except that Pax2 is twice quicker than Pax.

Understand Patrick. Ionospheric distortion seems to widen the gap between
the two with PAX coming out ahead by 5db or so. I used the 100% decode
criteria so that may be the difference.  The PAX2 mode did not print at all
(regardless of SNR) with the two most disturbing ionospheric simulations.

> Note: Pax and Pax2 modulations are clones of Olivia, let's say very close
> on
> modulation to Contestia.

No wonder why they work so well!

> For Pax and Packet there is no ARQ memory (contrary to ARQ FAE), so the
> minimum S/N in connected mode would be the same as in Unproto.

Thanks for clarifying that.

> Note: it could be theoritically possible to implement ARQ memory in Pax
> and
> Packet (which would give a sort of FEC (repetition)coding to these modes),
> but it would need time...

Interesting.

Thanks Patrick. Let me know if I can help with any mode simulations you
haven't tried yet.

Tony, K2MO