> I still don't understand why anyone would want the increased
> complication of using RigCat if the Hamlib works well for you. There are
> no files to put anywhere. It just works for me. I think I tried it on
> one of my wife's ICOM IC-7000 rigs, and I could also test it on my ICOM
> 746 Pro as well. \

If Hamlib works fine, use it, of course, but if it does not, and your rig is
supported by an xml file, or if you can modify an xml file to suit your
transceiver if it is not yet supported, RigCat provides a way out of the
problem. Unfortunately, Hamlib does not work right for all listed transceivers
- just for some.

73, Skip KH6TY
NBEMS Development Team