And another point worth emphasizing is now that MultiPSK's RS ID
detection can be extended throughout a 44KHz bandwidth using its SdR
interface, it should be possible to initiate an ALE400 FAE ARQ
connection to a friend using their SELCAL which will be detected by them
automatically anywhere say in the entire 20m digital portion of the band
if they have centered their SdR frequency to 14.091MHz (14.070-14.112
range).

No need to scan on discrete frequencies, just monitor the whole digital
band at once.

To me, this has obvious EMCOMM possibilities.

73 Sholto
K7TMG