Hi Jose,

That can be done, of course, but there is also often a need in emcomm
for everyone to be on the same RF frequency, so in order to do that with
SSB, everyone needs to be on the same tone frequency, and with VHF FM
especially, voice communications has to be on the same frequency (i.e.
"channel"), so to switch to MT63, the baseband tone frequency must be
the same. In MARS here, the practice is to intermingle phone with MT63,
and sometimes stations are copying bulletins when nobody is at the
transceiver controls, so the tone frequency needs to be within 100 Hz of
an agreed standard, which is 500 Hz in this case.

73, Skip KH6TY

Jose A. Amador wrote:

> Just one more comment, being on agreement with the previous
> postings... on a "linear transponder" (as a SSB transceiver becomes
> usually on HF between your antenna and your soundcard) just rock the
> transceiver's dial to make the tones fall in the proper place in the
> spectrum.
>
> FLdigi has a sweetspot setting that MIGHT help to set the baseband
> start at 1500 Hz (I am not sure because I have not used it).
>
> On FM (F2D), it is something else, as  you must make the baseband
> tones coincide.Simon just hit the nail once again.
>
> 73,
>
> Jose, CO2JA
>
> ---
>
> Simon (HB9DRV) escribió: