From: obrienaj <k3uka...@gmail.com>
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, October 25, 2009 2:01:19 PM
Subject: [digitalradio] Re: Downloaded Puppy Pskmail Server Now what?

Great news Alan.

Since PSKMAIL also is an APRS conduit , and uses the Internet to pass some
items to APRS servers, it would be useful for you to see if you can connect to
the internet. So, first thing would be to try and configure you PC to detect
wither your ethernet port or your wireless port. I am not at that screen at the
moment and cannot remember the steps, but try clicking on the CONNECT ICON on
your puppy desktop and go from there. Let me know if you need more help.

Start FLdigi

Then to actually start the server, click on CONSOLE and then type

'pskmail_sever' (include the apostrophes ) then hit enter

Answer the questions about your callsign, lontitude/latitude and your STMP
address that you use (if you use outlook express look in accounts/properties
/servers for the SMTP address

After you enter those brief questions, the server will start in PSK250 mode.

If you want to change the mode, change it via fldigi. If you want to actually
change modes on a schedule there are a couple of others steps. We'll do that
later.

I am going out for an hour , be back about 2000 UTC. We can test more then, if
you need a test.

Andy K3UK