Bill,

The Fldigi version I use is 3.12.5.
I can also see both audio devices listed in Audio menu - on-board chip
and PCI card but selecting the one that is not Windows default is of no
help.

The other think I have noted is that Fldigi can receive if another
program is opened before it. For example I can open MMTTY that is set
to use PCI card. If Fldigi is set to use the same card and I open it after
MMTTY
it works well. In this case I have both programs running.
If Fldigi is opened first then I get "trx_trx_receive loop: Sound
error:Unknown error"
and it is dumb regardless of audio settings.
In fact I have to say opened first or alone....

Best 73's !
De Nick - LZ1ZM

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:46:51 +0200, KC5GNB <kc5...@verizon.net> wrote:

> I have 3.12.4 installed on an XP machine and the configure menus lists
> all of the sound devices I have on the computer which includes the
> on-board chip, a PCI card and a USB camera/microphone combination. Which
> version of fldigi are you running?
>
> Bill (
> KC5GNB)
>
> Nikola Nikolov wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> I have two sound cards on my computer. The one is "onboard" and the
>> other
>> one is a SB Live 5.0
>> on a PCI slot.
>>
>> I have problem running Fldigi as it can only work with the card that is
>> designated
>> as "Windows default". In my case it is the card that is onboard and
>> that I
>> use for Skype,
>> Windows sounds, etc.
>>
>> When Fldigi is set to work with a card that is not "Windows default" I
>> get
>> a message
>> saying "trx_trx_receive loop: Sound error:Unknown error".
>>
>> Computer is AMD Athlon 2.4 GHZ, RAM 1GB
>> OS - WinXP SP3
>>
>> Any help to avoid it ?
>>
>> Best 73's !