*From: *KH6TY <kh...@comcast.net <kh...@comcast.net>>
*Date: *Tue, 23 Feb 2010 19:53:53 -0500
*To: *<digitalradio@yahoogroups.com <digitalradio@yahoogroups.com>>
*Subject: *Re: [digitalradio] Consensus?  Is ROS Legal in US?`

I am for whatever will succeed, but do not underestimate how difficult it is to convincingly reverse oneself after first originally being so convincing.

For myself, even from the beginning, I could not understand how the spreading was accomplished by a code that everyone else automatically had, but that was the claim, so I accepted it. Perhaps there is no spreading code independent of the data, but if so, it must now be proven thus, and not just claimed in what might be seen as an attempt to have something approved that has already been disapproved.

Just because I might possess the necessary technical skills does not mean I can individually overrule the FCC with my actions. Even opposing technical experts are called by both parties in a legal argument, and the "judge" to decide who is correct in this case is the FCC, which has already issued an opinion, even if it may be wrong if given new information, but just "saying it is so does not make it so". I believe some concrete proof is required now, and maybe your spectrum analyzer display can be part of such proof.

Other's opinions may vary...
73 - Skip KH6TY

W2XJ wrote:

    Skip
You are over thinking this. The FCC said as they always do that
    you as a licensee must possess the technical skill to evaluate
    whether or not a particular mode meets the rules. On Jose's part a
    better technical description and some clarification would be very
    helpful to this end. I think just looking at the output on a
    spectrum analyzer would also be quite revealing.