Mike,

I have uploaded the comparison you requested for ROS (16 baud this time for better comparison overall) compared to CHIP64, both idling:

http://home.comcast.net/~hteller/ROS16vsChip64.jpg

It is hard to see what happens when you send data in CHIP64 as the signal looks a lot like noise, but you can definitely ascertain a fixed pattern in the noise at idle. I can't spot any repetitive pattern in ROS, even at 16 baud. Perhaps you can. When you send data, it is hard to see any change in CHIP64. From the image, it looks like the spreading in CHIP64 is by a fixed pattern, and perhaps the data modulates the fixed carriers. Anyway, I have not seen the technical description, so I don't know. I'll leave it to you to more accurately interpret the images. I had to use MultiPSK instead of DigiPan this time to get better detail regarding amplitude with corresponding colors.

73 - Skip KH6TY

silversmj wrote:
Hey Skip KH6TY,

Could you show us a pic of Chip64 (your choice to compare it to ROS)?

Have a look at the links on my message 34845: