    From: KH6TY <kh...@comcast.net>
    Subject: Re: [digitalradio] ROS carrier pattern when idle
    To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Friday, February 26, 2010, 8:27 AM

    Hi Warren,

    I have already captured a spectrum of Olivia 32-100 (i.e., FSK32)
    and posted it in a reply, but glad do it again.. You can see the
    fixed frequencies at idle and then the new frequencies added when
    data is sent (in the "seared" middle part). I have not combined
    that on one uploaded page with the ROS spectrum analysis, but you
    can easily compare the two yourself, using the ROS spectral
    analysys with MFSK16. I wanted to confirm that both MFSK16 and
    Olivia 32-100 had the same signature of FSK, and they do, which is
    far different from the signature of ROS. It is very clear that ROS
    is using Frequency Hopping, as the frequencies are not a function
    of the data, and that is a unique characteristic of frequency
    hopping, at least according to everything I could find.

    Olivia 32-1000: http://home. comcast.net/ ~hteller/ OLIVIA32- 1000.JPG

    73 - Skip KH6TY

    Warren Moxley wrote:
    Skip, can you show some more spectral comparison examples? This
    time add the widest Olivia mode and other very wide modes.

    Thanks in advance,

    Warren - K5WGM