It does not matter if "ALE ops" do not intend to USE more frequencies or not. Apparently the interest in PC-ALE is so small, the impact would be minimal anyway.

However, to support changing any allocations to provide more space for wide-bandwidth automatic stations, no matter who will use them, is simply contrary to the concept of using the limited spaces on the HF bands for person-to-person communications, and there is simply not enough space for that.

The HFlink proposal does not suggest that more space is needed for only ALE stations, but for ALL wide automatic stations. For that reason, it should be vigorously opposed.

BTW, I asked my invisible companion if I had made a huge leap of paranoia, as you inferred, and he assured me that I am definitely not paranoid, and that he would have to leave me if I were! ;-)

73 - Skip KH6TY

Alan Barrow wrote:
KH6TY wrote:
> It would give ALE ops more frequencies

This is a huge leap of paranoia...... ALE operation by definition does
not "want" or even can utilize more frequencies. Hams who want to use
ALE already have well established frequencies to use. There is no
advantage to adding more, and really some disadvantages!