John, I asked you the same question, but you did not answer mine. :-(

Just as I thought, the only reason to allow Pactor-III on 60m is for Winlink's benefit. Let's file comments to the FCC to allow any modes 500 Hz wide or less so at least 4 or 5 stations can use the channel for QSO and Emcomm instead of Pactor-III taking over the entire channel for Winlink mailboxes.

If you don't comment, you might wish you had!

73 - Skip KH6TY

John Becker, WØJAB wrote:
At 06:27 PM 5/10/2010, you wrote:
>Another question was whether Pactor III's bandwidth was really necessary for live keyboard to keyboard QSOs. I guess that was an anti-Pactor III question, but that one also never got answered.

Jim to answer that I really would have to say that
for keyboard to keyboard I can't really recall using
P3 for a QSO. Just mailbox operation.

Got to remember that P3 may be a bit wide but it's
so fast that a MBO op is over with real fast.