On 5/20/2010 8:02 PM, KH6TY wrote:
> Tony,
>
> I am not sure what you mean, but you can use Dragon Software's Naturally
> Speaking, version 10, and dictate into the TX window of most programs
> (such as DigiPan, and fldigi, and maybe even Multipsk

I didn't know that Skip - thanks for passing that along.
> Naturally Speaking does not handle callsigns very well, so what I do is create
> macros to do all that and then just speak what I want to send out.

It's interesting that the software can associate F-keys with voice
commands.

> Obviously, you need enough capability to press a macro button with one
> finger in this case, or type in a callsign when necessary or
> double-click on it with a mouse.

I guess it would take some doing to make it completely hands-free.

> DigiTalk will also spell out any words that contain a letter, such a K2MO, or
> FT1000. It recognizes "BTU" as "Back to you" and spells out most Q signals,
> like QRT, QSL, etc.. I am slowly
> build a larger vocabulary of "hamspeak" abbreviations, etc. for DigiTalk, but
> this is not my full-time job!

Understood Skip - I'm sure it takes a lot of time. Bet there are hams
with disabilities out there who appreciate your work.

> So, the code is already there for "listening" to PSK31, and a program
> for "sending" PSK31 by voice. Naturally Speaking also can be trained to
> recognize some unique commands, but I have not spent enough time with it
> to know everything it can do.
>
> Naturally Speaking is $40 at Target stores.
>
> 73 - Skip KH6TY

Thanks Skip.

Tony -K2MO

> Tony wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> Andy brought up the digital mode / text-to-speech idea recently and a
>> thought came to mind that this could help the handicapped. I'm not sure
>> if speech-to-text programs can transfer text to another application
>> right out of the box, but assuming they did, there would still be the
>> need for voice commands to control the program. Seems a second sound
>> card may be needed as well; VAC might help.
>>
>> Skip Teller created Digitalk for the blind (thanks Skip) and Patrick
>> wrote an interface for it (thank you Patrick) so the programs can talk.
>> Andy's speech-to-text idea would complete the package. It's easy to
>> suggest something like this while standing on the shoulders of experts
>> like Patrick and Skip; I can only imagine what it takes to write the code.
>>
>> Just a thought.
>>
>>    Tony -K2MO

> database 5133 (20100520) __________

> http://www.eset.com