I don't think we should encourage texting or CW while driving! All
attention needs to be your driving. Driving is dangerous enough even
with full attention. Pull over to the side of the road and text or CW
please. We don't need another silent key.

Mark / Jordan

I certainly appreciate your concerns and we wouldn't want to encouraging
anyone to do something that was unsafe. In my experience, operating CW
mobile is as safe as running SSB in the car or chatting on the local VHF
repeater as many do.

While any distraction like fiddling with the car radio is potentially
dangerous, I think cell phone texting, where one takes both hands off
the wheel and eyes off the road is in a category all by itself.

Again, I didn't intend to encourage anyone, we were just discussing the
fact that some ops can successfully operate CW mobile. Thanks for
mentioning the safety issues and to others - please don't try this
yourself.

Tony -K2MO