  From: rein...@ix.netcom.com
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 11:23 AM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: Random data vs Spread Spectrum
  Hi Alan,

  Why did you wait so long with contributing here?
  Please explain.

  ++ In Feb of this year I quoted from the ARRL's Spread Spectrum Source book
page 5-2 ++

  " Spread Spectrum Fundamentals "

  SS systems employ radio frequency bandwidths that greatly exceed the
bandwidth necessary
  to convey the intelligence.

  Bandwidths for SS systems generally run from 10 to 100 times the information
rate.

  etc etc.

  I got shouted out of the Group by addressing the use of ROS in the US by the
experts on
  SS.

  73 Rein W6SZ