Good morning all...

This has been interesting me since I read about it in QST last year.  I, too,
have been looking to do some experimenting with this mode.  Last year, I
briefly tested this by heading to my Church....about 3.5 miles away.  I brought
along my TINY Sony Vaio and my IC-2AT...and then set my FT-817 in receive with
DominoEX-8.  With 100 mW, I had nearly solid print from the old 2AT and a
rubber-duckie antenna.  With better antennas,  one would think that
significantly better distances could be accomplished.

Too bad more don't experiment like this.

73,

John KB2HSH