Paul,

That's a nice rig to have. I understand it's capable of AM mode as well - add a small hand held 2 meter Yagi and you'll have one FB direction finding RFI detector.

Tony -K2MO

I live near the Atlantic Ocean in "Slower Lower" Delaware. Our problem
here is that during dry weather, we get salt spray on the power lines
and transformers, leading to all sorts of noise. A good rain helps.

I have a small Yaesu VR-500 wide band receiver. It works very well for
tracking down RFI/EMI around the house as well. Good way to find
offending "wall warts," and the like

/paul W3FIs

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5384 (20100821) __________

http://www.eset.com