A trick that you might try is that when you find an offending pole, give
it a good whack with a sledgehammer to see if the noise changes. We
tracked down a couple of poles that were throwing some serious RFI out,
and that's how the power company guy verified where the problem was.
Seems that the pole was put in in the 40's, and the rest of the hardware
was about the same age.